We've moved!

Redirecting you to lublyou.com

Friday, October 21, 2011

lately


Our life lately has been pretty busy. The past week I spent away from home on a business trip and that made me appreciate being at home with the loved ones even more tonight. I decided I want to pay more attention to the little moments we have. Everything you see captured here makes me smile for the memories it brings. 

Just a little while ago we saw these awesome figs in a store and I knew we had to bring them home! Benjamin ate one raw for the first time. The rest I used for my home-made jam... mmmmm.. that was so good: after a walk outside on an autumn evening to drink hot tea with a home-made jam.. Talking about the walks: now when the days are shorter we mostly meet after sunset and it's always pretty dark. I don't believe i say it but i'm really looking forward to the snowy days - then everything will be white and shiny :-)

Oh, and some more autumn treats so far: Benjamin brought a caramel apples kit from the States, and this time i was the one who had never tried this food before! How exciting! We made them for an international inventor's day which is my father's professional holiday and gifted him one along with my home-made chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies and a drawn by Ben postcard. I'm typing this and smiling.. good moments. 
Wishing you all many-many nice and warm little moments this weekend!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had figs OR caramel apples either! Benjamin looks so different without his beard!

Melanie said...

I just recently tried raw figs for the first time too! They're amazing with a balsamic vinegar dressing on them. Yum.

Melissa, The 25th Hour said...

mmm homemade jam! sounds absolutely wonderful. Never thought to make it out of fig! (I really don't know much about fig) but your photo of it is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I've never had a caramel apple! They look delicious! And I can't really think of anything better than homemade fig jam.

What you said about paying attention to the little moments is so true. I think it's really important to try to savour every drop of goodness! Life is so short :)

Katie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...