We've moved!

Redirecting you to lublyou.com

Friday, September 28, 2012

Favourite combos by Lauren

Hello Chestnut Mocha readers, my name is Lauren & I blog over at Tastes Like Love about my daily adventures, delightful things, my illustrations & fancy folk. When I'm not blogging, working or drawing I like to drool over fancy houses + home wares and marvellous combinations that make every day life delightful! And today I'd like to share with you all my top five favourite combinations.

When I was little and my family would be driving home from visiting my grandparents, I would have specific houses that I would make a point of looking at as we drove past. And coincidentally, they all featured dainty little window boxes. These simple features can really give a house that little something extra.

In the summer time my absolute favourite thing to drink is pineapple and cranberry juice! I find that cranberry juice is a little too tart, and pineapple juice a little too sweet. So the two mixed together creates a perfect juicing balance!

I love nothing more than feature wall frame collages complimented with bold pattern textiles. It gives any space a sophisticated, yet striking feel. I am especially fond of pattern fabric wooden chairs. There are so many fantastic DIY's out there to achieve that professional store bought look. 

Growing up I generally didn't gravitate towards a blue or red palette, but now I cannot get enough of them! I am such a sucker for a good blue and red combo, and you can be sure that when I move into my new flat later this year it will be decked out in this colour scheme!


One of my absolute favourite food/breakfast combinations is vegemite and avocado on toast. To make this combo especially nice, gluten free bread really makes the flavours pop together. I was adamant at first to try this because vegemite is such a stubborn spread and I could only stomach it on certain moods. But with avocado, it is fantastic!
*   *   *   *   *   *
So there you have it, five of my favourite combinations from my everyday life. I would like if you swung by my blog to say hello! Thanks for having me Katie and Ben!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love this idea! :)
Great, GREAT post and as always, full of beautiful pictures!

Chelsea said...

What a cute post! Love it!

Vikki Holness said...

Fab post! Stopping by from the Friday Chaos Bloghop to say hello! Am newest follower by GFC. We'd love a follow back?
Vikki x
www.littlelovesblog.co.uk

Emily said...

whhhaaat Avocado and Vegemite - you are crazyyy!! haha love this guest post :)

xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...