We've moved!

Redirecting you to lublyou.com

Friday, November 23, 2012

an evening on Gold hill


Gold Hill is a mountain that overlooks Lake Pend d'Oreille and Sandpoint, Idaho.  From the viewpoint near the top of the trail there's a great view of the whole lake and "The Long Bridge" which is a two-mile bridge across the lake.  When I was in high school I ran cross country, and we used to run up to the top of the trail twice a week.  I'm not as in shape as I was then, so I think that would be pretty hard now, but I had gotten used to it then and I always had a good time jogging and talking with friends on the way. 

We didn't quite make it up to the viewpoint on our walk this time because it was getting dark.  We'll have to go again another day.  It's a relatively warm, rainy November and everything is still kind of green.  We took lots of pictures of ferns and moss.  There are also some neat rocks that overhang the trail.  We took our new backpack with us again!


And here are Katie's cool new boots:


Mushroom!


The lake:


Driving home...



10 comments:

ellalogy said...

This looks absolutely beautiful! The pictures make me want to go on a hike... it's such a relaxing thing to do!

xx Ellie
www.ellalogy.com 

Briseidy said...

such a beautiful place! great pics, thanks for sharing!

sweet harvest moon said...

Beautiful!

Tranae said...

Pretty pictures and I love those boots.

Melissa, The 25th Hour said...

I have missed hiking and the mountains! I used to go to school at Appalachian, so I was right by them but now living back in suburbia city, no mountains :( Looks like you two had a wonderful hike! Love the hiking gear!

- Melissa, The 25th Hour Blog

Jane said...

Oh, these are stunning views! My husband and I wanted to walk along the trails at Shenandoah here in VA but we couldn't go! It's getting a bit chilly now but hopefully when spring rolls around! Beautiful pics!

Anonymous said...

the landscape and the nature on your contry are sooo beautiful!
loved your blog, just fav!
kiss

http://elapartiu.wordpress.com/

Vanessa Jade Smith | www.7Jaded.com said...

Gorgeous scenery, and I love the shot of your beautiful nails!

Matthew Spade said...

i long to do this sort of stuff

A Spoonful of Sparkle said...

Great pictures! Looks like so much fun! Ive been jonesing for a hike recently...haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...