Friday, June 29, 2012
breakfast in bed
I am always looking through Saveur magazine trying to find new recipes (and awesome food pictures!), I found this panna cotta recipe and it seemed like a great summer treat, fruity and creamy at the same time.
It takes some time, though, because it has to sit in the fridge overnight for the gelatin to set, so I made it in the evening and boo and I shared it the next morning. We're both unemployed for the next few days and we're really enjoying the free time in the morning together.
The panna cotta turned out super-yummy, the lime peel mixed in with the mango puree makes it more fresh, and I was happy to find another use for my vanilla beans :-)
The recipe needs:
2 vanilla beans
800 ml cream
110 gr sugar
10 gr gelatin
1 lime zest
1 ripe mango
100 ml water
1. Mix gelatin and water together and set it aside to bloom.
2. Combine cream, vanilla beans (cut each in half), 80 gr of sugar and bring just to a boil, whisking frequently, over medium-high heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and take out vanilla beans.
3. Add gelatin mixture and whisk for 1 minute.
4. Pour into 6 cups and let it cool down at room temperature. Then refrigeratefor 4 hours.
5. Mix in blender and puree lime zest, mango, water and the rest of the sugar.
6. Serve panna cotta with mango puree on top.
Powered by Blogger.