We've moved!

Redirecting you to lublyou.com

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

garden update: september 5th

sweet peas
 sweet peas
beets
 beets
 carrots
little radish
 new radishes 
flower bee
 onion flower and a bee
bee onion flower
blue flower

Finally! Sweet pea time! Just look at these lovelies - I'm going to harvest a few peas today. Since it gets really cold here at night my garden doesn't grow fast anymore. I think usually plants grow faster during warm nights after being watered in the evening. Here it's a different story: when the sun is up it's really hot and dry, then in the evening I water my little garden but air cools down rapidly and even in the morning before about 9am it's still pretty cold. I hope my carrots and beets get enough warmth to grow before the end of September. Although dill looks better and better. It's so thick and tasty! I didn't take any pictures of it this time because it looks just as always - like a forest :-) If you're interested you can find lots of dill photos in my previous garden posts. We topped salmon with this tasty herb the other night and grilled it. Mmmm yumm! My advice for any gardener - plant some dill, you'd love it!

8 comments:

Harri Davison said...

The curly green plants are so pretty! x

Liz Brown said...

Looking GOOD. In more ways than one. :)

I've always thought onion flowers were so pretty!

Allie said...

amazing! cant wait for the day i have enough yard for a garden:)

Unknown said...

beautiful! I want to grow carrots next year for sure!

Chelsea Olivia said...

When my boyfriend and I go back home to Canada and get our own place, I want to have a garden SO badly!! Yours looks great!

Fleur De Moi said...

I want your garden! Yum!

Dawn said...

Your garden certainly looks better than mine did (I only managed a few herbs). My mom's, though, did remarkably well. She had tons of tomatoes and radishes and zucchini. It makes me jealous. :) And it is nice to see the bees and such visiting your little green space. So natural and alive.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for stopping by and visiting! I really appreciated your blog comment.

Lublyou said...

Thank you, dears! I'm really enjoying this little garden! I would never thought of this kind of hobby. But I love it! I love planting, watering, watching it grow, and harvesting of course :-)
Katie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...