We've moved!

Redirecting you to lublyou.com

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

what Ben wore: colorful plaid


shirt//Ralph Lauren; jeans//Levi's; shoes//Ross


Katie picked out this shirt for me on our thrift store trip to Spokane and I really like it!  Actually, overall this entire set of clothes came from thrift/secondhand stores.  We got the pants and shoes at Ross a month or so ago.  The shoes need to be glued a little on the soles, but otherwise they're holding up pretty well for cheap shoes.  Actually, it seems like mens' shoes are a good thing to look for at thrift shops, my favorite shoes that I've ever bought were $5 at a thrift shop, they're real leather with leather soles.  Unfortunately, the soles are wearing out now, but they traveled with me for two and a half years to Korea and Russia and everywhere in-between, so I guess they deserve to retire now.  I was telling Katie the other day that I don't think I'll ever have a really good reason not to buy shoes at a thrift shop.

Ben

15 comments:

Gentri said...

awesome outfit!
I received the painting yesterday! It's awesome! Thank you so so much!! I can't wait to find a special place to hang it up, when I get home in a few weeks. (i was leaving right as it came, so I'm lucky I got to see it first)

Becky said...

Ben;
All you need is a good Cobbler to put new soles on your leather shoes. My hubby has to buy expensive shoes because he has SUPER narrow feet so we buy quality and re-sole them. Some pairs he has had for 20 years.

Amy Louski said...

Plaid is always a good choice for the cooler months 1. because it's warm and 2. it always looks comfy.

It's about to be fall so I can imagine the plaid will be coming out full force?

- Amy

Liz Brown said...

I am an absolute FAN of plaid on guys. Especially in flannel shirts, it makes them look manly and woodsy and lumberjacky.

:)

Musiqal1 said...

Great pictures. I have gone to a few thrift store and I ahve to say, each time I always find great things, so I know exactly what you are talkign about. There are a lot of great ones out in Philadelphia. I have yet to go the ones out here in New York though but sooner or later I will.

Sara said...

Very nice! Sometimes I shop for my man at the thrift store...but my penchant for 1970s clothing does not always mean good things for his wardrobe ;)

Sara, Road to the Heart

Thrifted Shift said...

Good for you for wearing a totally thrifted outfit! My husband is pretty unwilling to do that. I guess it's fine since the cost per wear on his garments tend to be way less than a dollar, but still, it feels a little snobbish!

ginanorma said...

it's a really cute outfit and I adore that you are wearing something she picked out for you:)

Jessica said...

this definitely looks like an outfit my bf would wear too :D

Jessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails said...

so my husband won't wear plaid because he says it's 'lumberjack' (not helped by the fact in high school his work uniform for the amusement park was a lumberjack outfit with a plaid shirt) but i am hoping if we move out west and have scenery like you do he will. i LOVE the plaid - and those shoes are a good find. my husband wears his shoes until the soles fall off too!

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

JellyBones said...

I love these man-fashion posts! It's so crazy when I see these cause I'm pretty sure my fiance has all of the same clothes as Ben. :)
Except those sweet blue shoes.
Trish

www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

Allie said...

bens shoes are SO cute!!

Mat said...

that's just a good all american look, nice thrifts

Erika said...

Great thrifting finds!! Every time I see a post where someone is wearing a GREAT thrifted piece it motivates me to get out and hit the racks! I need to do more of it:)

Winnie said...

Love the plaid shirt, such a great find - the colours are lovely! Awesome blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...